1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my time quite a lot at IBM. There were many reasons for this. Firstly, I enjoyed the flexibility I was allowed at work. The culture of the business and the opportunities I was exposed to.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All the colleagues I met were very nice. I felt your value was a reflection on how hard you worked. The more you choose to get involved the more valued you are by your colleagues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Workload really fluctuated on what projects were on and what you have decided to be involved in.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learned completely new tools to use, it really makes you realise you can learn anything if you put your time and effort in
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I have felt no issues with the atmosphere in the office. Everyone has been nice. Due to IBM this could be different depending on what department you work in, but in the distribution sector it is very welcoming
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There have been a few socials;
First Wednesday drinks (every first Wednesday of every Month IBM books out a bar so all the employees can network)
Intern Christmas Party
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
very expensive, but expected due to it being in London
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?