12 month placement intern at EU Head Office at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Human Resources

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a Top Employer

7.6/10

6.5

I enjoyed my 12 month placement with enterprise because I was given a lot of responsibility and given the opportunity to really make an impact in my role. This presented challenges to me however that meant I learnt so much and developed so many new skills. I also enjoyed my placement because of the people I worked with. Everyone was so friendly and kind which meant coming into work was enjoyable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Throughout my placement my colleagues were friendly, welcoming and supportive which meant that i really felt like a member of the team.

My manager was always supportive of my decisions to get involved in a variety of different projects. At times i felt I could've done with a bit more guidance as to how well i was doing however I do feel I could've reached out more so they are not completely to blame.

I would say for the majority of the time I felt I had enough work to get on with that kept my busy but also I didn't feel I was completely rushed off my feet. There were times where I was busier or less busy but for the majority of the time I would say i had a good balance.

Many of the tasks and projects i worked on i was able to make my own decisions and give my opinion that genuinely had an impact on the team.

The organisation and time management skills I developed whilst on placement will be crucial for my final year of study with all of the deadlines I will have.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Everyone i met was really nice which made the general atmosphere in the office really positive. I was able to talk with my colleagues but also they understood when i needed to get on with my work.

The first day was very well organised and we were well informed before hand which made, what would be a very nerve wracking day, much easier. Also we have a group intern project that was assigned half way through the year to present to our whole campus at the end which was a great way to finish off the year.

I wasn't given much formal training and most of the training I received was on-the-job. However i felt that my manager and department were very invested in helping me to understand and succeed in my role as they were always happy to help if i needed it.

I would love to work for Enterprise again and if the right position opened up, I would take it! After talking with some people in the organisation I believe they would also be happy to have me back if that was what I wanted.

There was a big group of interns at the office (around 20) and lots of us used to go out after work! This included going to the pub, top golf and an outdoor water obstacle course!! We all got on really well and we spent a lot of time with each other which topped off the whole experience.

The office was based in Egham and I lived in a student house which i shared with 4 other of the interns from the office. This was in Egham and the rent was quite expensive (compared to usual student accommodation) because this is in Surrey. Considering how close we were to London though, it was a lot cheaper than a lot of places that close are.

There wasn't really a 'nightlife' in Egham but there are a few pubs and restaurants that are really nice. You are also really close to Windsor where there are some good clubs.

I personally didn't get involved in many of the activities outside of work but there was a 5-a side football team and regular fitness classes at the office that you could attend.