1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Overall I had an amazing year at Toyota GB. My team and the company were so welcoming from day 1. I was given so many amazing opportunities over the year and have gained so many new valuable skills that I will forever cherish. I met so many amazing people during my year and I will really miss it.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
At TGB you are treated as a valuable employee in everything you do. Throughout my year I was given so many responsibilities, leading my own projects and always feeling like a valuable member to my team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was always given a good amount of work and responsibilities. I never felt like I had to much to do or too little.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given many of my own projects to manage and was given so many opportunities to contribute to other team projects. I never felt like I was given any ‘student’ jobs, I was always a valued member of the team with a lot of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt so many valuable skills this year which I will forever hold of value. Toyota offer so many training opportunities to help aid in our development and the amount of responsibilities given within the team also teaches so many new skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Tgb invested so much into training during my placement year. I attended many internal trainings such as presentation skills, time management and project management. And I had many external training opportunities such as technical appreciation and new model training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
TGB offer a grad scheme to a small number of students who have done the placement scheme which involves working in several departments around the business over 18 months.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
As there are only around 20 students at TGB it is a nice size group to socialise with throughout the year.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Epsom is an expensive area to live and many people live out of Epsom so therefore it wasn’t always easy to arrange to socialise after work.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There is a sports and social club at TGB who offer many activities over the year such as theatre tickets, rounders, BBQ, Ladies day tickets and much more.