Summer Analyst at Citi

Banking/Finance

7.6/10

Summer internship

I've been able to immerse myself fully within the bank and been given ample learning opportunities both by HR and my manager. There are significant opportunities to network (it's especially encouraged on Fridays) both inside and outside of my division (and of course across desks).

The work I've been doing has actually been incorporated into the main package that the team has developed. This felt pretty good. I'm not sure to what extent I would've been able to contribute to another desk but we were able to choose our desks and the content of the work has suited my skill set (stats degree, quant desk).

As a general rule I don't feel like I'm lacking any support. We have been given buddies and we all know our managers pretty well, however the entire cohort of interns doesn't have many socials together and this would have been nice.

The workload really varies. I rarely felt extremely busy, but equally I rarely felt extremely bored. as someone who prefers to be completely overwhelmed with work it probably was a little under what I expected but this may be a positive for most. Equally it opened up time to network which was really useful.

In the area I'm in it would have been impossible to give me a lot of responsibility but they gave me as much as compliance would allow for.

It's taught me python from scratch and I'm now pretty proficient (from a stats background and had previous experience with R).

The office is pretty chill. We're on a trading floor so there's a good buzz to it.

Very well organised, they seem to have been through this for quite a few years and perfected the system.

They gave us a full week of training, training videos during and before, and our managers have all been really supportive.

Very appealing, the grad scheme seems very good

Many interns go for drinks nearby after work but none of these have been planned by HR for us.

London can be incredibly expensive

London has an amazing nightlife

In terms of put on by other interns yes, and a few events were organised by HR for us as well.