1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a really great experience. I learnt lots about audit and business in general. I'd definitly recomend it to annoyone who is interested in the field or wants to try something new. I found the work very interesting which helped my enjoy the placement even more. What a great experiecne.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
To start with I felt a bit like a burden on the team as I didn't really know anything and was asking a lot of questions. However as time went on, I was given more and more responsibility and began to feel more valued. It's one of those things that improves with time.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was really lovely and helped me settle in. Whenever I had any issues I would let him know and he'd know who to talk too to help solve them. My job supervisors were also always pretty helpful. They were sometimes busy but would always try to make an effort to help me out.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The work loud was quite varied. Some days were very quiet and I wasn't given much to do but other days were crazy busy. I quite liked that though as it meant I could relax at times and get other admin done, but then still felt like I was making an impact during busy season.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
To start with I wasn't given much responsibility as I was new and there was a lot to learn. After a while though I was given more and more responsibility which was nice. Someone always checked my work though so I didn't feel pressured to always get things perfect which was nice.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My degree wasn't really very relevant to the placement that I did but that didn't mean that I didn't learn valuable 'soft' skills that will help me in future jobs and through life. I also developed my existing skills too, like communication and teamwork etc. Lots to put on my CV now!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was really nice. Obviously we are here to work so often people just wanted to get their head down, but most of the time everyone was really chatty and we often all had lunch and coffee breaks together in the kitchen which created a really nice atmosphere in general
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The overall work placement set up was really well organised. When I first got there on my first week we had an induction week where we were told all about the company. It was all very well organised and made me feel right at home which was really good in general.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
To a great extent. On the firm's website there is a business school section where you get compulsory online training and other training that you can do if it interests you. There's lots of options so you can take courses in a range of different things to improve your personal development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The firm offer graduate rolls to most of the placement students that work for them. At the end of your year you have a review meeting with your manager where you discuss how it went and if you both thing you're will suited to the firm in general. Then you might get offered a graduate roll!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes we had summer and Christmas parties and lots of fun sports events. We also had end of month drinks and went out for lunch together sometimes which were all really nice social events to help improve my experience. So there was a good social scene amongst the fellow employees.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?