1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really love my internship placement, both the industry and the team. The HR team helped me during all the recruiting process to connect with different teams so I could find where I fitted best.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
One of the things I value the most about my internship is the team I'm placed in. Everyone is very supportive and go to great lengths to make me feel part of the team. Also, they take extra time to explain how things work and to solve any doubts I may have about the job.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisors have guided me on what to do or who to ask, and also given me honest feedback on my performance and coached me on how to keep improving and make the most of this opportunity
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It depends on the day. As expected, there are peaks and valleys, and I see this as an opportunity to have a better sense of how the real work dynamics of the team is
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I've been given responsibility since the beginning and that is something that as the internship progress keeps increasing
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe that the skillset that I'm getting from this internship will be very valuable in the short term, as I go back to my studies, and also as my professional career progresses. I'm learning to work in a fast-paced environment, with people from different backgrounds, and developing new technical skills, as well as getting a big picture of how business work.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The work atmosphere is great! One of the things I'm enjoying the most about the internship is my team
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The Citi HR team has an outstanding organization of the recruitment process. They kept me informed of every step of the process and helped me with all the doubts I had. Besides that, the internship placement was greatly organized by the HR team. At every step of the process they helped me reach out to people from different teams to see what was the best fit for me, and the other way around.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Citi has made a great investment in both my personal and professional development. Among the things I'm more grateful about are the numerous networking events with senior professionals of the organization, people I can look up to and learn from their experience
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I will really love to join Citi full time
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I really like my fellow interns. We constantly support each other and even meet outside work during the weekends
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London in general is quite expensive. Besides that, because I wanted to live close to the office, I personally prioritized convenience over economy regarding living options
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Plenty of restaurants and after-work options
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
As expected, working hours are very long, which doesn't allow space during the week for many activities outside of work. I knew that before I started the internship, so it wasn't a surprise.