1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The 12 month placement at FDM Group was a thoroughly amazing experience. It has given me a lot of experience and gave an excellent overview of the industry.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt that I was valued as much as everybody else in the team and the overall communication was great.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support given by my supervisor was one of the best parts of the placement year. With given guidance I have attained a lot of new skills and marginally improved the ones I already had.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had experienced a bit of everything: from day to day coding tasks to big meeting planning sessions.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I feel that I was given a lot of responsibility since I have been able to work on the main project that my team was developing.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have gained, especially the soft/professional skills, have given me the ability to look into the future with confidence and helped me to better understand the inner workings of the industry.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
this Placement Year
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?