1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed working in my technology team, as well as the opportunities to explore the rest of the company and experience the warm and welcoming culture at Citi.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone is always ready to help if you have a question or want to work-shadow/grab a coffee.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Very supportive manager - I keep in constant contact with her and she is always ready to give up her time to help me with my project or set me up with work-shadowing if I need
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was given 3 main projects and 2 smaller projects to do in the 10 weeks alongside work-shadowing, networking events, talks, volunteering opportunities and more.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt responsible for my own work but due to compliance and regulatory issues, we weren't allowed to get involved in BAU (business as usual) tasks. However, it is important to demonstrate self-motivation in situations where you have to plan your own project and ask for more responsibility where necessary - which Citi will gladly give you.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed a Gantt chart to keep track of my projects and progress, which I can use later in my degree to help me with time management
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very warm, welcoming, relaxed and helpful
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Regularly-organised events by HR for the interns in between project work and shadowing sessions
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Personal development training
All points of contact were ready to help (HR, manager, team, fellow interns)
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Fantastic culture and good career progression within technology
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Regular intern-wide networking events
Fewer within my division (technology)
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very high in Canary Wharf, London
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Did not experience nightlife in Canary Wharf
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Volunteering (Community Day), pro bono activities within Citi (fundraising etc)