Technology Summer Analyst at Citi

Canary Wharf Central London and City
Business Analytics Business Management Computer and Systems Engineering

8.4/10

I enjoyed working in my technology team, as well as the opportunities to explore the rest of the company and experience the warm and welcoming culture at Citi.

Everyone is always ready to help if you have a question or want to work-shadow/grab a coffee.

Very supportive manager - I keep in constant contact with her and she is always ready to give up her time to help me with my project or set me up with work-shadowing if I need

I was given 3 main projects and 2 smaller projects to do in the 10 weeks alongside work-shadowing, networking events, talks, volunteering opportunities and more.

I felt responsible for my own work but due to compliance and regulatory issues, we weren't allowed to get involved in BAU (business as usual) tasks. However, it is important to demonstrate self-motivation in situations where you have to plan your own project and ask for more responsibility where necessary - which Citi will gladly give you.

I developed a Gantt chart to keep track of my projects and progress, which I can use later in my degree to help me with time management

Very warm, welcoming, relaxed and helpful

Regularly-organised events by HR for the interns in between project work and shadowing sessions

Personal development training
All points of contact were ready to help (HR, manager, team, fellow interns)

Fantastic culture and good career progression within technology

Regular intern-wide networking events
Fewer within my division (technology)

Very high in Canary Wharf, London

Did not experience nightlife in Canary Wharf

Volunteering (Community Day), pro bono activities within Citi (fundraising etc)