To look after the organic media and paid media campaigns for all divisions.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Working for Warner Bros was an exciting and incredible experience. Getting to work on some of the biggest and well-known brands such as LEGO, DC, Wizarding World and Middle Earth as well as the theatrical releases Fantastic Beasts, A Star is Born and much more. Working on large campaigns across all divisions helped to strengthen my marketing skills for the future.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As part of my role, I got to work on many new projects. One main highlight was running the paid media campaigns on Amazon Marketing Services for both Physical and digital products. Being the solo drive with this project I felt I was given huge amounts of responsibility and trust which hopefully reflected the value my colleagues thought I could bring through Amazon.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
As part of my role, I had a line manager and individual project manager. The management team provided me with support, training, and advice on how to improve my skill set and the best ways to do the day to day jobs efficiently and effectively. This support helped me build confidence in my own ability leading to a successful year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Working for Warner Bros is always going to be busy. As I was part of the digital marketing team I had to support all divisions (Theatrical, Games, Home Ent, TV, Catalogue and family Entertainment). This meant that I got to work on most campaigns running in 2018/2019. It was a very busy year but brought out the best in me and pushed my limits with work/life balance along with my time management skills.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
During my placement, I had to complete daily/weekly tasks. Once those tasks were completed it was up to me to take initiative and request new projects such as Amazon Marketing Service and Audience building for paid media. The team was great at giving me extra work and pushing the boundaries of what an intern should be able to achieve.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My course is Communication, Advertising, and Marketing, therefore, it will fit extremely well into the ever-changing landscape of "digital marketing" which my final report will be based on. the skills I have learned over the past year will be invaluable for the upcoming opportunities the future holds.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I had a great team but the beauty of this digital placement was that I got to work with all teams within all divisions. It was such a friendly and focused atmosphere, working with the most intelligent people in the entertainment industry really shapes the person I want to be in the future. It also shows what can be achieved with a good team environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Following a very detailed and well-led handover made the transition from student life to working life incredibly easy. Having a set of daily/weekly tasks along with a very responsive manager who provided us with incredible support throughout the year. Overall this made sure deadlines were met and projects were completed.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
this Placement Year
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There was plenty of bars, clubs, and events close to Holborn. This made drinks after work easy and feasible for the whole team. The good nightlife was a great way to build relationships with the wider team. Overall this made us a closer team which helped with our day to day tasks.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was plenty of opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work. Some of the main activities were: