1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed the majority of my placement with enterprise as i learnt a lot and had good colleagues around me that i was able to spend time with. At certain times it was difficult and less enjoyable due to the high workload and long hours however it was still an enjoyable job nevertheless.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued by my immediate colleagues as we had a good working relationship. I knew that I was a vital team member as we all had a role to play. As the teams were so small and mainly consisted of 4-6 people, this contributed to the feeling that i was of value
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Any time I needed guidance, I asked and was shown the right way. There wasn't always as many formal opportunities for guidance but as and when i needed it, support was given to me in order to improve.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The working day at Enterprise was busy as there was always something to do. i appreciated this as that meant that the day went quickly and I rarely sat around without something to do. On some occasions it did get extremely busy which meant i had to multitask a lot and it was hard to keep up/
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a reasonable about of responsibility which was in line with my position at the company. As an intern i felt like i was given enough responsibility so that i felt valued but it was never enough to overwhelm me.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The 'people skills' that i developed though this internship will assist me the rest of my life. I now believe that being able to communicate with anybody, regardless of background is the best transferable skill I have gained. My time management has improved considerably due to having a structured day and in my final year, I'll be able to delegate my time appropriately without feeling overwhelmed
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office had a light friendly atmosphere. My managers tried to ensure that we were having fun throughout the day since we all spent so much time together. I got on well with my colleagues and we always kept the environment as light and nice as possible. We would make jokes and were able to talk to each other on a friendly level.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I can not fault the organisation of the placement process from application to exit, the placement was clearly laid out and organised properly. It seems Enterprise really know what they are doing with their interns and know how to structure the placement well. Therefore there wasn't any confusion on my part.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were regular training days at head office in which I could tell that the company was actively trying to develop me into a future leader. They definitely invest a lot of time and money into regular staff training and development. They even put the same effort into interns as they do graduates which was much appreciated
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The prospect of returning to Enterprise are promising as i can see how everything works and i would be familiar with the job, however i am personally unsure as to whether I would return. I know it would be a good graduate opportunity if i was unable to get a graduate job elsewhere. I also worked at 2 different branches so I am known within the company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I didn't tend to interact with other placements outside of work. Inside of work, we got on well because of the commonality and I got on well with the other interns. At the company events, the social scene was good amongst all the colleagues and it was good to have nice networking opportunities.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was living at my family home throughout my placement year
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
this is not applicable for me as i didn't attend any nightclubs however i have heard that the nightlife is good in my area
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes there were charitable events, social events, networking events and regularly had something going on outside of work