Corporate Operations at Nissan UK

Automotive Financial Management Sales

Nissan UK is a Top Employer

7.5/10

5.5

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Nissan. I worked alongside a great team of people and had the opportunity to learn in depth about many different parts of the business. I was always challenged as well as being given a great deal of autonomy which allowed me to fully immerse myself in the role.

I have been fortunate enough to be a part of several teams whilst I have been at Nissan and can safely say I felt a highly valued member of each of those teams. From the first day I was made to feel welcomed, at ease and I have learn a great deal from my colleagues throughout my placement year.

From day one it was made very clear that should I have any questions or need support all I needed to do was ask, and this continued throughout the year. Should I ever need help on a particular task, I would always be given the time of day. The support and guidance of my managers has been a big reason for why I enjoyed my placement year so much.

I was consistently busy during my placement and there was always extra activities or tasks to get involved in. Although there would be a pressure to get tasks done on time, the support and tools would always be available to help me do so. The industry itself is fast paced, but as a result your personal satisfaction is very high.

I was given a vast amount of autonomy during my placement year and was able to begin and maintain relationships between myself and the field team that I would be in constant contact with. I was also able to take the lead on several processes after being given a full level of trust by my managers.

I feel I have learnt a great deal of skills during my year, ranging from IT to learning how to prioritize work so that I am able to meet deadlines. I have also been able to develop my skills in people management, which I feel will assist me in my final year of studies and my future career.

The general atmosphere in the office is unlike any other place I have worked. Being in the sales side of the business, there is a constant stress and pressure to achieve the sales target, however this is counteracted with the banter and general friendliness of people around the office. I really is a great atmosphere to be in.

The placement scheme at Nissan is organized well and there is a clear focus thought-out the year on personal development as well and what can be gained from the year. I was also able to come in, meet the team and get an understanding of what my year would entail before I officially started which was very useful.

There was plenty of personal training and development opportunities on offer at Nissan. This can range from training by your manager to professional courses. For example, I got involved in a Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel course to help further develop my IT skills, as well as customer power training to help better understand the importance of the customer.

There are a few sport related opportunities to get involved in outside of the working day. For example I was able to get involved with the football team, which ranged from 5-aside friendlies within Nissan to 11-aside tournaments where we would play against other rival manufacturers. Other activates on offer included a boot camp and cinema club.