Tactical Buyer and Sourcing Buyer at IBM

Purchasing and Supply

IBM is a Top Employer

7.8/10

7.6

Facilitate transactions between IBM and its suppliers. Sourcing activities, negotiation and strategic selection of goods and services.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company. Whilst the workload is heavy, it is so relevant to the world around us and you are give the opportunity to make a difference.

My colleagues were great. I always looked forward to coming into the office and everyone was always more than happy to help.

Management was a huge support - they truly want to get the best out of you. Bi-monthly 1 to 1s gave me a space to direct my year and management looked to give me the opportunities I was looking for - 1st class.

My role was heavily client based so I was always kept on my toes and faced extremely busy times. This is not to say I was unhappy about this - it was exactly what I wanted.

Once you build trust and prove yourself, responsibility follows. By the end of my placement, I was responsible for over 15 clients in my region.

Clear development in communication, teamwork and professionalism - these skills will always be essential.

Everyone is very friendly and I always looked forward to coming into the office. If I ever needed help with something there was always someone willing. You get to know everyone personally, from the grads to the VP.

Great training, always had work to do - even had interesting projects available. There were always giveback opportunities available to mix up the average workday too.

Yourlearning gave a perfect platform for personal training and development

I would be very keen to work for IBM in the future.

Very good, IBM help to get you together as early as possible which builds a great foundation for the rest of the year. There was always something going on on the weekend etc.