Financial Planning & Reporting Intern at Travelport

Accountancy Business Analytics Business Management Property/Real Estate

7.8/10

7.7
8.6

Analysing and reporting current month/year to date operating expenses for Corp Real Estate, Facilities and Security (CREFS).
Producing monthly reports using Excel and IBM Cognos Analytics for members of my team to report to managers across the business.
Holding meetings with CREFS business partners, and presenting their current month/year to date position of budget v actuals.
Liasing with CREFS to produce and collate their budget into Cognos TM1 budget system.
Produce forecasts with CREFS across the year of their operating expenses.

I enjoyed my placement a lot, there are a lot of opportunity to learn and grow. It's given me a good insight into working life. Travelport especially has a great scheme for development, and the social parts of the company are great too.

My team is fantastic. I've helped them as much as they have helped me.

When I asked for help I received it, as well as explanations for things especially when I was starting out.

The amount of work varied based on the time of the month. During month end there were more deadlines compared to the later weeks however as I got familiar with what I needed to do, time management became a lot easier.

Definitely a lot, and probably one of the best parts of the placement. I was able to challenge myself, and I knew I was making an impact on the business and my business partners.

My Excel skills alone have increased a significant amount. Although my CV said it before, I am definitely more confident in my Excel abilities. There were a lot of learning and development sessions that I will apply in the future eg. mindfulness, goals and values, CV/LinkedIn profile updating etc.

Specific to my role, there are a lot of new programs/software I will definitely add to my CV.

Everyone one is super friendly, there's a great culture here. It was one of the main points that made me want this placement, almost everyone has a similar attitude I don't think you can find in most companies.

Very organised, they have quite a lot of experience running this programme and it shows. There are a lot of opportunities for learning and development alongside the actual job.

There are regular learning and development sessions scheduled throughout the year. We got to suggest what we wanted to do too and they would build some sessions around that so it was tailored to us.

We also had goals to set at the start of the year which linked to our personal development and our specific roles.

There are a lot of opportunities here, and you work with some great people. Depends on what you want to do.

Our placement cohort got along well and often plan outings together (meals/days out etc). Most teams also plan socials and go to lunch together.

There's also the social club which lets you get to know more people from across the company as well as have fun at different events (eg. go karting, cirque du soleil).

Living is relatively expensive as we're in a good location for access to London and other parts of the country.
There's not much in Slough/Langley directly but it's easy to get to and find places around here.

There's probably a bunch of sports teams around if you look for them.