Corporate Logistics Manager at Aldi

5.9/10

6.7
5.4

5.2

I did enjoy my placement. I was always challenged and pushed to do more. I was given an extensive training plan in which I was provided with the required skills and knowledge of not just my role and the area that I was working in but also Aldi as a wider business.

I was very nervous about joining such a highly professional team which is made of individuals who have at least 10 years relevant work experience. However, when I joined the team I was welcomed and able to feel like a highly valued member of the team. I will miss them all when I go.

I was given a very detailed training plan when I started in my role. The plan meant that I was able to experience the sector and understand more of the complexities. I was given support by my manager in the form of weekly 1:1s; however, as this placement year was so challenging I would have valued greater support from my manager.

I was always busy during my placement and there was always constant challenges and opportunities. I was contracted to a 50 hour week and I still felt, at times, that this wasn't enough time. I would have appreciated, at times, having one fewer task so that I would have been able to complete everything to my highest possible standard.

I was given an unparalleled amount of responsibility during my placement year. I was able to begin and maintain a relationship between Aldi and a third party who's annual revenue is over £1 million. I was also the direct leader for two employees which enabled me to develop my leadership skills within the work environment.

As I was always constantly busy within my placement I have learnt how to prioritize work so that I am able to meet challenging deadlines. I have been able to develop my skills in people management and attention to detail. I was able to identify clear areas for develop both professionally and personally.

The work environment is a dynamic work place in which hard working and driven individuals succeed and thrive. There are constant challenges and opportunities for personal development.

As this was the first year of the Corporate Logistics Placements it was communicated from the beginning that Aldi would be learning with me! Having been said, I was given a comprehensive training plan in which I was able to learn as much as possible about logistics and Aldi. The role was very much tailored to my personal goals and strengths.

The company invested a large amount in myself. I was given an extensive training plan when I started my placement but also, throughout I was proved with training and if I required additional I was able to go out and find it. I was treated as one of the managers and so received all of the additional training and development that they would receive.

• There were no perks with this Placement Year

A graduate scheme with Aldi would provide experience and responsibilities that you would not be able to receive from any other employer. It would be a challenging but rewarding experience and one that you would leave knowing that you were a more developed and stronger individual than when you started.

There were no other placement students who were completing the same industrial placement as myself i.e. Corporate Logistics Manager. This meant that there was not a social scene amongst them. On the other hand, by the end of placement I started getting more involved in the events that the other Logistics Managers did.

I chose to live in a slightly more expensive area which meant that I was in a house share that was well kept and nicely presented. This did mean that the cost of living was more expensive than other parts of the country; however, it is much cheaper than living within London.

There isn't a nightlife in the town that I work; however, the town in which I life does and it is within 20 minutes of the center of Birmingham meaning that there is always plenty to do. I did not go out during the week (as I was too busy!) which did mean that going out was a little bit more expensive and so I did not go out as much.

There are different opportunities to get involved in outside of work; however, the majority of these are organised by the individual as opposed to by Aldi as an organisation. This is an area which did increase during my placement as I believe that colleagues want to do more activities outside of work.