UK Theatrical Sales Intern at Warner Bros

Holborn Central London and City
Logistics and Operations Sales

9.5/10

I thoroughly enjoyed my year working for Warner Bros. It has given me invaluable experience and insight into the entertainment industry, I could not have wished for more out of a placement year. Not only have I boosted my career prospects by improving my corporate experience, broadening my skill set and forging professional relationships- I have had a great time along the way!

I truly feel like a valued member of the team. I have been given real responsibility from day one and the team have shown a real trust in my abilities as I have progressed throughout the year. The professional relationships and friendships I have made during my time at Warner Bros are something I will take away as an incredibly positive aspect.

The support and guidance given by not only my line manager but everyone at Warner Bros has helped to make my experience truly enjoyable. Despite having a lot of responsibilities, I never felt out of my depth and knew if I ever had a question there were multiple I could turn to.

I found the work load to be perfectly balanced. No two days are the same in my role so some would certainly be busier than others, this is a reflection of real working life in a large corporation. If I ever felt that my workload was low I would volunteer myself to help with other team members' workload.

During my placement the level of responsibility varied throughout the year. I appreciated that right from the start I was given meaningful tasks to assist the company and wasn't just "being kept busy". There were definitely points in the year when I had to step up and take on more responsibility than other times but this was always at my own discretion. I'm sure if there ever would have been a point where I was under too much pressure, I would have had the support of my team to reduce my workload.

I have only just finished my placement year so am yet to return to university, therefore I cannot comment on whether it has assisted in my degree studies. It has been interesting to see theories and principles I have learned on my course taking place in the real world. I will be returning to my studies next year with a renewed sense of determination and focus, spending a year with such talented coworkers has inspired me to work hard and achieve success.

The placement scheme at Warner Bros has been around for a long time and is very well developed. I am the 8th intern in my particular team and I know other departments have had even more. There are lots of ex-interns now working full time in the company who are always a good point of call if you have any questions etc.

I attended multiple training sessions and course. The courses offered internally were not only very informative but also an opportunity to network with other interns and full time staff. I also attended two external excel training courses which really aided the work I was doing at Warner Bros, these skills will also be useful when completing my final year at university.

It goes without saying that experience at a household name like Warner Bros is going to incredible on my CV. During my placement year I was able to network extensively with other industry players both internally and with other companies in the industry. Lots of previous interns have secured roles at WB after graduation.

The social scene was great during my placement year. There are over 50 interns and apprentices at Warner Bros so there is a lot of socialising outside of work hours. I was lucky to have really bonded with my team too, there were a number of business oriented social events we attended but also casual drinks were a common occurrence!

There were lots of activities to get involved in outside of work, including fundraising for charity. I know lots of interns participated in a Fun Run. I took part in a Sleep Out to raise money for youth homelessness, this was organised through work. Activities like this were a great way to get to know your colleagues outside of work