Regulatory Affairs at Johnson & Johnson

Blackpool North West
Medical/Health

Johnson & Johnson is a Top Employer

9.1/10

Regulatory Affairs. Working for DePuy CMW and DePuy Spine. Primarily in registrations.

I have really enjoyed my work placement. I have not only learnt loads about the department I work in, but also about the working environment as a whole. Both these areas taught me skills, that can be transfered to any career in industry.

I feel very valued by my colleagues. I always recieve positive feedback for a job well done. I also recieved an encore award, organising a CSR event. I think, for me, this reinforces that I am working well.

Support and guidance has always been readily available to me. As my manager is off site, it encourages me to be proactive when asking for help.

I was pretty busy day to day. There was always something to do! But this was partly due to the additional projects I took on, outside my department. I wanted to get the most out of my placement, and learn about the site as a whole.

I managed all my requests competely independently. As I gained confidence, I was given more requests and projects. This was very rewarding

All the skills I have learnt on placement are useful. Even the small simple things, that you wouldn't necessarily know until you started working fulltime.

One of the main skills I learnt was attention to detail. I learnt how important it is across all job roles. I know when I go back to uni this will be really helpful when writing my dissertation.

The general atmosphere within my team was very good. I found it very encouraging, and I never felt embarrassed if I did something wrong or if I needed help. The office environment, in general, can be competitive, which is just something to be mindful of.

The organisation was good. I was given a 5 week hand over with the previous student, which was very useful.

I was given access to all courses a normal employ would have access to. I attended Energy for Life and Mental Health Awareness.

The garduate schemes look very interesting, they give you more of a chance to explore different departments, which I imagine will be very interesting.

There was only 3 students on my site, and we all lived together, so we socialised together quite a lot.

The cost of rent was very cheap in comparison to Uni accomodation. The rate of living was also very affordable.

There wasn't too much nightlife, in terms of clubs however there were bars and pubs in the surrounding area.

There were sport classes on after work, like yoga and spinning. They also had badminton and football.