Business Continuity Intern at Warner Bros

Administration/Secretarial Customer Service Financial Management Logistics and Operations Purchasing and Supply

8.3/10

Being a WB intern was a privilege. It was an incredible learning experience for me and am I so glad to have done it. Inevitably, there were tough periods and I became overwhelmed at times but this made me stronger as a result.

As the Business Continuity team is small, I was given responsibility straight away. I did feel valued throughout the year but there were definitely jobs that were given to me because I am an intern.

I did feel very supported in the first half of my internship. I had weekly catch ups with my manager where we discussed how I was getting on and if I had any issues - I found this very helpful. In the second half of the year, we stopped meeting regularly partly due to me being more comfortable in my role.

I was very busy on a daily basis - busier than I expected. There was always different tasks to complete and they were varied meaning it was never boring. That being said, I was never expected to work extra hours or on the weekend.

I was given responsibility for lots of tasks such as our team's finances and the mailbox. As mentioned above, the size of the team necessitates lots of responsibility for all members.

I developed my IT, interpersonal and email skills to a great extent and the training offered by WB was interesting, engaging and insightful. The year has greatly improved me as a person, worker and a student and will make me a more productive and successful in my next year and beyond.

The teams we are located next to are really nice and it created a pleasant atmosphere to work in. It was a lot quieter in my area than most of the other floors which I liked.

Incredibly well set up. The training delivered to us was excellent and WB made us feel like part of the family.

The training on offer was brilliant for me. How to present yourself, project thinking skills and a Myers Briggs session were offered and it really felt like WB invested and cared about the interns.

There is no graduate scheme at WB which is a shame but we are kept informed of any job openings in the future.

I was really good to be a part of a 50+ group of interns in the same position as you. There were lots of house parties and drinks opportunities throughout the year.

It's Holborn in central London - It's quite expensive. Rent is also high but it's the price you've got to pay to experience one of the best internship opportunities in the UK.

Lots of bars and clubs in central London. When you work out where the value for money is you're sorted.

Lots of volunteering, sporting and company days outside of work to take part in.