Placement Engineer at Nissan UK

Nissan UK is a Top Employer

7.2/10

7.7

Engineering

I enjoyed my work placement to a certain extent, my daily jobs were a bit repetitive but the atmosphere within the office helped liven each day up.

I got on well with all my colleagues, being given responsibility of projects made me feel valued.

Nissan appoint a mentor to each placement student, which is great for any support or guidance required throughout the year.

This varied often depending on what projects were live, some days I was rushed of my feet and others were quite.

I was given responsibility of a few projects, which were manageable for my experience.

Training opportunities at Nissan are great and varied, I will definitely employ key skills gained to my degree and beyond.

The open office layout leads to quite a lively atmosphere. There are plenty of charity bake sales and events held by different departments throughout the year.

The general organisation is quite good for the placement, however I did show up for an introduction day and no one was there as a representative from my department.

Nissan offer a magnitude of courses for training and development, I was fortunate enough to get on all the courses that interested me and they will definitely benefit my future.

Graduate prospectus at Nissan are very good, however they do not provide you with a path to chartership, which as an engineering student is important.

There was a couple of arranged placement nights out spread throughout the year and most departments had a Christmas night out as well.

Living in Newcastle was typical costing within the UK. Worth doing some research in housing and avoiding high cost typical student regions.

Newcastle is known for its nightlife and it definitely lives up to expectations.

Other than a few nights out I wasn't involved in any other activities outside of work.