Placement Student at Nissan UK

3.6/10

2.5
3.4

5.5

I would rate my experience a 3. I felt at the that work given to me wasn't adtiquate. The tasks were very boring and I basically had to fight and pitch to work on a projects.

I felt at the though they forced themselves to like me. I could sense that there was already friction within the team. Due to egos and superiority complexes. I noticed as well that micro aggression were common when ever I was around. :::I think Nissan is for someone who fits in. In the sense of looking and acting inline with the status quo. Diversity isn't celebrated here.:

I had my standard objectives meetings and a mentor. Unfortunately my mentor was in a different department and busy most of the time. So this relationship never really developed. I honestly felt that the majority of 'support' was box ticking exercises. I wanted to do more and achieve more but that wasn't celebrated

I read a lot of books. The guardians has very good articles

I was able to start an project on my own from start to finish after a lot of campaigning. Apart from that it was just data entry tasks

I feel as though I have learn't to be more resilient and understand the pressure of work that aren't actually work related. Also also know how to navigate work politics. I think this placement has taught me to understand what I want from a career. Nissan ins't the place for me and I'm okay with that.

Within my team 'political'. But overall the office is very nice. There are many activities to get involved in in you want to.

Before the placement started it was well organised. I did all the tours and meeting everyone and received my objectives on the first day of my placement. However, objectives have't manged my experience. So again I think it was a box ticking exercise and my work placement really had no structure.

I attending training session but I feel as though this due to a lack of work for me. I enjoyed the training sessions and meeting new people. However, I honestly don't feel valued by the company.

• There were no perks with this Placement Year

I won't be returning for the graduate scheme. The role does look amazing and I know there is a possibility of moving teams. However, I don't feel wanted at the company. I haven't felt supported and no amount of money can change that. Like a stated before. Diversity isn't supported here. No about of HR intervention and CSR can change that

There was a good social scene between placement. Relationship between placement and colleagues depended on the team they were in.

Cheap