1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I would rate my experience a 3. I felt at the that work given to me wasn't adtiquate. The tasks were very boring and I basically had to fight and pitch to work on a projects.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt at the though they forced themselves to like me. I could sense that there was already friction within the team. Due to egos and superiority complexes. I noticed as well that micro aggression were common when ever I was around. :::I think Nissan is for someone who fits in. In the sense of looking and acting inline with the status quo. Diversity isn't celebrated here.:
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had my standard objectives meetings and a mentor. Unfortunately my mentor was in a different department and busy most of the time. So this relationship never really developed. I honestly felt that the majority of 'support' was box ticking exercises. I wanted to do more and achieve more but that wasn't celebrated
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I read a lot of books. The guardians has very good articles
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was able to start an project on my own from start to finish after a lot of campaigning. Apart from that it was just data entry tasks
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel as though I have learn't to be more resilient and understand the pressure of work that aren't actually work related. Also also know how to navigate work politics. I think this placement has taught me to understand what I want from a career. Nissan ins't the place for me and I'm okay with that.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Within my team 'political'. But overall the office is very nice. There are many activities to get involved in in you want to.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Before the placement started it was well organised. I did all the tours and meeting everyone and received my objectives on the first day of my placement. However, objectives have't manged my experience. So again I think it was a box ticking exercise and my work placement really had no structure.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I attending training session but I feel as though this due to a lack of work for me. I enjoyed the training sessions and meeting new people. However, I honestly don't feel valued by the company.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
this Placement Year
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I won't be returning for the graduate scheme. The role does look amazing and I know there is a possibility of moving teams. However, I don't feel wanted at the company. I haven't felt supported and no amount of money can change that. Like a stated before. Diversity isn't supported here. No about of HR intervention and CSR can change that
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a good social scene between placement. Relationship between placement and colleagues depended on the team they were in.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Is Newcastle. Amazing
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?