Handling the theatrical features' release in the UK.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed it immensely. Working and communicating with my team is a joy on a daily basis. I gained valuable professional experience and also learned an incredible amount about digital cinema.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt like part of the team and are valued just like anyone else in the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have monthly chats with my manager and the HR review forms are also very helpful.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Depends on the days but generally a good balance.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a reasonable amount and varied responsibilities which allowed me to explore the rest of the department and company a bit more, instead of focusing on one thing.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Although the work I do is not directly linked to my course, I developed a lot of transferrable skills including communication skills and creative problem solving skills. The knowledge I gained about the technical side of digital cinema is also invaluable for my future career, as well as being super interesting!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very relaxed and comfortable, yet at the same time busy and productive,
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very organised. I appreciated the early recruitment of the roles as it's good knowing I've got a placement early on, it also gave me time to prepare and sort out moving.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There are a lot of various training opportunities. The ones I enjoyed most is the offsite master class.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It's very appealing as it's a great place to work. It will also be challenging because it will depend on the availability of suitable vacancies and, in my case, work visas.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It's very alive.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?