Customer Marketing Intern at Warner Bros

Market Research Marketing Media Sales

9.2/10

9.7

-Work with the Customer Marketing team to communicate plans for New Release titles on film and games.
-Support the Customer Marketing team to identify ways to make film and games new release events bigger within retail e.g. in-store theatre.
-Conduct regular store visits and filter key learnings and information to Customer Marketing, monitoring and evaluating both Warner and competitive activity, providing timely input into the weekly Customer Marketing meetings.
-Manage the retail insight reports and priorities, working closely with the merchandising agency to identify key weekly releases across Warner Bros and competitors. Distribute retail insight report to the business.
-Manage the set up and online merchandising of the Warner Bros games slate on Amazon.
-Conduct weekly film and games online retail audits to ensure WB product is set up correctly across retail channels.
-Manage swap sleeve process liaising with retailers and agency to ensure deadlines are achieved for film and games releases.
-Support the Customer Marketing team by raising POs for all relevant activity such as retail coop funding, agency fees, etc. Update required to merchandising and games trade marketing budget sheets.
-Coordinate promotional material/merchandising for goody bags for any new releases as required by the Customer Marketing team.
-Support the Customer Marketing team for all WB organised Retail Days and Retail Conferences.
-Provide administrative support to the Customer Marketing team and ad-hoc requests in the form of sending promotional orders, booking meeting rooms, arranging couriers, compiling presentations, researching data, etc.

I have really enjoyed my placement year at Warner Bros and have learnt so much about the company. It has been a great experience working for such a well-known studio. My placement year at Warner Bros has made my career aspirations clearer, and I would love to return to the company if given the chance.

As an intern I feel as if I was valued by the team since day one and made to feel included in my department. I was given specific responsibilities in which were mine to complete, and this was a great learning opportunity. They made the experience extremely enjoyable, as starting a placement can be a daunting task. I am very grateful I had such a great team to work for.

As an intern you receive support from your line manager, and wider team. In my first few weeks at Warner Bros it was an adjustment, but as i progressed i was able to work on tasks independently. I never had any issues with asking questions, and always felt comfortable seeking advice when working on projects if I was unsure of something.

On a daily basis I had specific tasks to complete to meet deadlines. I would also receive additional emails from my team and other colleagues, asking to complete tasks and help them. I was always kept busy, helping and supporting the team any way I could.

I was given specific responsibilities during my placement year. Many tasks undertaken were carried out weekly. For example, I was responsible for distributing reports to the business internally and to external agencies, raising purchase orders for my department, carrying out weekly audits and working on film and game releases.

The training I received throughout the year helped me develop as an individual. Working full time has helped me develop my time management skills further, enabling me to balance my time well when I return to university to continue my studies. I am looking forward to applying the skills I have learnt at Warner Brothers to my final year at uni.

The office atmosphere was always welcoming and friendly.

The Warner Bros placement scheme is well run, and has been for a number of years now. It is a great scheme which provides an amazing opportunity for undergraduates to learn more about the company.

Warner Bros has a learning and development department in the building. They organised and arranged intern training for all students undertaking a placement year. This is a great opportunity, and has helped me develop my skills further. The company invests in their interns, and makes them feel valued.

If given the opportunity I would love to return to Warner Bros. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here, and have learnt so much about the company and the entertainment industry.

The social interaction between placement students was great. We attended company events that allowed us to meet other interns we wouldn't usually work with.

The cost of living is high in London, as expected. Although the experience is great, and our monthly pay helps with living costs.

The nightlife in London is great.

There were plenty of opportunities to get involved in, ranging from volunteer days, store visits, and studio tours.