1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Working at Warner Brothers has been a fantastic experience, in where i have learnt so much about the company and what I want to do once I leave university.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt extremely valued by my colleagues from day one as they were a great support system and were always willing to help me with my work. They treated me as one of the team which was so lovely and made my experience so much more enjoyable.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a lot of support initially during the handover, but once I had settled in I was encouraged to work independently. However, if I ever needed any help my team were more than willing to assist allowing me to flourish and excel at my job role. My manager would schedule one to ones to track my progress which enabled me to flag any concerns, making me feel more valued and confident with my how I was progressing.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Daily I had a set number of tasks i was given to complete, with extra work being emailed to me from my manager to complete once i was able. I always had work I could do, never leaving me bored but I was also never bombarded with tasks so I couldn’t leave on time. This meant I was able to have a good work life balance.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was responsible to complete reports on a weekly basis that had to be emailed out around the business. This meant i had to manage my time effectively to ensure I completed these tasks on time so my colleague’s received vital information for their individual roles.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Working full time has developed my basic skills of managing my time more effectively and organising my work load, which I can transfer to my studies at university allowing for a more efficient revision schedule. The intern training, we received was also greatly beneficial developing my excel skills and office etiquette which I will take with me beyond university to future job roles.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office atmosphere was always welcoming and friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement scheme was very organised, with meet ups being prepared prior to even starting to allow for a smoother transaction to work life which i found greatly beneficial.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The intern scheme had a variety of learning and development courses incorporated into the year which were fantastic to attend. This allowed for me to develop skills outside of my job and were a great bonus on to the placement.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would definitely look into returning to the company if the right job became available as i have loved working here and think it’s a fantastic organisation to be part of.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a great social scence amongst the interns, with us regularly meeting up as a group after work, having made some great friends through this programme.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living is obviously higher in London, but the salary we recieved enabled me to afford rent and enjoy the social enviroment of London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife in London is fantastic for students.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was many opportunities to get involved in activities through work, with multiple volunteering opportunities being offered throughout the year which were always great to attend.