Events Marketing Intern at Porsche

SILVERSTONE, NORTHAMPTONSHIRE West Midlands
Administration/Secretarial Leisure and Hospitality Logistics and Operations Marketing

6.0/10

6.4

4.2

Ensure venue is kept to company guidelines,

Assist Events Manager where and when needed,

Keep a log of all information from clients and departments involved in each event,

Ensure all information regarding car spec sheets are up to date and correct,

Liaise with PCMS in client bookings,

On site host for events and looking after clients and delegates during their stay

Beginning was a struggle as first intern within department and not over welcomed; however felt great at end of placement!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 11 roles at Porsche

Unfair question - At beginning of internship I was very much welcomed by many colleagues and felt really good and appreciated; although one or two colleagues made me feel the opposite and that I did not want to continue working in that environment. By the end of the year I felt valued by all.

The only reason I have not given full marks is due to my manager being away from the office regularly due to the nature of her job, when she was in the office her support was great. Only recommendation I would make is to give feedback on a task face to face than than email as sometimes can be read incorrect and to give more feedback so improvements can be made and not wondering whether you did good or not.

At beginning of internship not busy enough!!!
Once I found more jobs for myself and wanting more responsibility I was kept busy.

Beginning I wasn't given much and was quite bored, then as the year processed I asked for more and was given more. Other aspects I learnt myself.

The main skill of all I will take with me is dealing with fellow colleagues and particularly managers. This was the biggest struggle for me and I now feel the way I approach different colleagues has altered - I hope I have more experience of this in the future. Only small comments that this was made extremely difficult in the beginning and was unfair to be out on a brand new intern.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 11 roles at Porsche

The office was very small; therefore sometimes a great atmosphere and other times the worst!
I do feel that by splitting the departments up it will provide greater productivity and a happier workforce.

Big praise to the HR department!!
Only one star off seamless; due to myself being the first intern in my department a few bits of information I had received was incorrect; however I believe this has been resolved.

Again, linking in with support from my manager, I always had the support but didn't really notice it until I built up my confidence again; therefore a little more noticeable feedback and support will make the internship even more valuable.

I have left this question directly in the middle as I have no idea as to what Porsche think of me and if there was a job opening whether they would think of me or not.

For all the interns at headquarters there was a fantastic social scene; however as I was based in another location with no other interns, there was very very little social scenes, which made the year very hard at times!

From the comments on the question above I did little socialising; but the little i did was reasonable in price.

The area I lived in was very suitable for the year; however would not choose to live there if working in the area again.

Other than the odd dinner outing, Christmas party and Intern's event there was nothing else.