Product Integration Engineer at BMW Group

BMW Group is a Top Employer

6.7/10

7.3
6.0

We facilitate the ideas and changes made by Munich Engineering and make sure they are a viable part/product for Rolls-Royce cars.

The placement was thoroughly enjoyable. They provide a sense of autonomy which allows a student to grow depending on the personal goals being achived.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at BMW Group

Eventhough I am an intern, the teammates have treated me like one of their own. There is a sense of inclusiveness. Invited to all the events and there is no mistreatment.

Initially, I had the feeling my manager did not care about my daily doings and he kind of made me feel like an intern. Since my new manager took over, he has been conducting weekly 1-1 coffee mettings allowing me to provide feedback on my tasks and make my opinions heard.

Depending on the buildphase or launch dates, the workload changes. Some weeks were super busy, some were super chill.

A fair amount of responsibility was handed to me. I was responsible for all the CAD needs of the team and organising several quality assurance conferences.

As an engineer, the theoretical knowledge was used way less as compared to the practical knowledge that was constantly being tested.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at BMW Group

Like mentioned before, due to the production nature of the workplace, the general atmosphere changed depending on the buildphases but in general it was very sincere and professional.

The placement was very organised. All the resources were made available from before starting the placement to make sure we were prepared for the placement. Furthermore, "mini-placements" in other departments was encouraged and we, as students, were given the autonomy to decide when to do these "mini-placements".

There aren't that many workshops conducted which allowed interns to attend in the name of self-improvement. Additinally, being a part of BMW, means that the company speaks an independent language that is only compatible through out the BMW systems.

Rolls Royce Motorcars has a very strict hiring policy for their graduation program. But depending on your relationship with the other memebers of the team, the odds could stack in your favor.

All the other interns of the other departments were involved in the different social events that were planned by our fellow inters.

Seeing as how I was based in Chichester, which is a very expensive part of the U.K., rent was comparatively cheap whcih made the overall cost of living surprisingly low.

This town is very populated by old retired people which means that nightlife was non-existent but there was a club in town so that pretty much became our second home on Fridays.

Because of the department I worked in, we didnt deal with a lot of the externa activities but I was able to particiapte as a sponsor for one of my University events so that was cool.