I help look after and organise part of the training and development programmes provided by the Learning and Development team to employees at Warner Bros. I also help out with projects, research and conference support.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I've really enjoyed the work I've done this year and the team have been amazing.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The responsibility I have been given this year has been really exciting, the work I do contributes towards the team as a whole.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager has been great, they have been so supportive and easy to reach out to when there has been a problem
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I always had work to do throughout this year.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I feel as I have been given a lot of responsibility this year.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
the skills I have learnt an developed I will most definitely be taking with me to uni and other jobs after this.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
when I first joined everyone was very welcoming, the open plan has made it feel more relaxed. Overall I would say the general atmosphere was calm, being able to have a quick break and chat to colleagues is really nice.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
When I started I had my set roles and tasks I would be doing throughout my placement, it was very clear and well structured. I also had the chance to work on adhoc projects that came up throughout the year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We have been provided a variety of learning and development programmes that have really helped with my own development. its been so good working for a company that provide these programmes for Interns. We have also been provided with opportunities to network with members of staff all across the company which has also been really valuable.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to come back and work here.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
there was always something going on, everyone was welcome and there's been a variety of social events this year.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is expensive even though I was commuting it wasn't always cheap however I've enjoyed socialising and met some great people doing so, I feel like its worth it.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
there are so many bars/pubs/clubs around this area all with a really good atmosphere.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, there's always something going on in London, there are loads of opportunities to get involved in activities outside work.