1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Amazing opportunity to meet my aspirations.
I worked with in Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment and the work environment and my team was above and beyond what I expected.
I was able to go places I've dreamed of and work in one of the fastest growing industries on some of the biggest and most amazing games.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team gave me major responsibility, and as a result i was able to create some great work and become a valued member of the team which depended on me for various tasks.
Everyone in my team was friendly and inviting from day one, a truly amazing team, one that I would highly recommend to anyone.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Guidance was given occasionally , however it was in-depth.
This meant I could gather a large amount of work and receive amazing reviews.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The work load can vary drastically on a daily basis, as my role is very title dependent and the time of year dictates the amount of work that needs to be done.
As a result we can go from extremely busy to very little to do.
However they always balance each other out.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a wide range of responsibility, and I was dependent on by many various teams across a wide range of departments from finance to marketing and PR.
As a result i got recognized in a large company which was amazing. I was given multiple opportunity to lead projects and organize events.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My skills in Communication, industry knowledge and product management has vastly improved.
I would say that my knowledge of marketing and communications has drastically increased and this will aid in my academic studies.
The training that I received while at Warner was ideal for personal progression, and aiding in further understanding of my goals later in life, as well as giving assistant to the work I needed to complete for university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere is my office was a prefect blend of everything.
We could go from a relaxed office with music in the background and then leaving as a team to go and watch a film as a team.
To intense focused were everyone has there heads down ensuring that all the work that is needed is completed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The overall organization of the placement its self was very good.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Overall the the training and personal development I received was ideal for me.
They mainly invested in my personal progression within my work, allowing me new opportunity and responsibility to expand my knowledge and gain vital experience, which in my personal opinion is more vital than rigid training regimes which adhere to placement guidelines.
Warner Bros truly gave me the industry experience.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Warner Bros do not offer graduate schemes, however if there was an opportunity of a job back in later life i would activity seek it out.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The other Interns and Placement students are all friendly and do activity take part in good social events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost was extremely high, however this is to be expected of central London.
as well as its relevance to you personal, as I have come from a very cheap place to live in the north of England, the move down to London was drastic and in my personal opinion was a very drastic change.
However someone from the area might consider that prices normal.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I personally did not take part very often.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Warner Bros, offered a wide range of opportunists such as premieres and events, which are exclusive and early access.
while these happen more frequently for some interns more than others, everyone receives a wide range of opportunities to take part in.
Overall i was not disappointed with what was offered.