Marketing Assistant at Johnson & Johnson

Advertising Market Research Marketing Medical/Health

Johnson & Johnson is a Top Employer

6.7/10

4.8

Brilliant team, interesting products and exceptional opportunities. I study Geography and although there was (seemingly) very little overlap with what J&J did, I could bring a whole new set of skills to the role and felt like I became a real asset to the team.

The culture of diversity and inclusion is tangible. Everyone has a voice and job positions are left at the door.

Great guidance by my manager and team who really looked out for my best interests. I would, however, say this was slightly uncommon and most students really had to be a self-starter to develop without much guidance being given.

Can I score this question 11 out of 10? Probably too much work! The workload was challenging in terms of time management, but not challenging in terms of the thought you had to apply.

Depends on how you look at this question. We play a fundamental role in the teams by doing many menial tasks which at first may seem quite irrelevant, but the whole business relies on these jobs being done to a high quality and you, therefore, play a critical role to both your team but the wider company.

I did more learning here that in both my previous two years of university...combined! A very enriching experience.

Heads down, keyboards clicking away. There are periods of laughter but it is expected that you focus and that sometimes feels more uncomfortable rather than empowering.

I wouldn't really call this a scheme as there was such little organisation. I would, however, say the sporadic nature worked to my advantage as there was no strict structure ensuring my placement could be flexible and align with projects that I actually enjoyed.

They see everyone as 'talent' rather than a 'human resource' and with that there are many development opportunities. My team invested a lot in me!

You move here for a job, not for the nightlife.