1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Overall my placement has been a very enjoyable experience . I got great exposure to senior members of staff, i was chucked in at the deep end, some of the task and jobs are monotonous but this is expected at the bottom of the hierarchy
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
felt very valued by my colleagues, J&J is a non hierarchical organisation and everyone makes you feel part of the team straight away. Everyone was very approachable and i felt it was easy to ask questions and ask for help
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Initally, a lot of support however this dropped of slightly through the course of the placement , could have done with more ongioing support. I was meant to have bi weekyl catchups with my manger but sometimes this turned into monthly
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
IThe amount I had varied i line with key dates within the month. Close to the endof the month I usually had a lot of work and pressure however the first week of the month was usaully less busy and didnt have a smuch to do
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given key responsibility of some key projects where i was able to work closely with some senor members of the otganizations. I was also accountalbe for the results which athough at times was stressful was also very rewarding
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was able to use my skills and apply them in a theoritetical context to my uni work. Secondly being able to understand how the tehories I learned at uni worked in practicality meant i was able to learn new things easier
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The genral atmosphere in the office was friendly and bubbly ,very relaxed and sometimes too relaxed but overall it was a very nice place to work with very firendly people
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It could have done with more structure. The recuritment and induction process was good however there wasnt much structure, this was good because you were just seen as another employee and chucked in at the deep end but meant that the placewmnts came out with very differnt sets of skills and competencies
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invested a lot in me, i was abe to take various sales sdpecfic training courses with the key highlight being a talk that we got to see which was given by googles CEO
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are appealing and its a great company to work for however the company could focus more on structure and maybe pitch their future prosepects as Future leaders progrommes to increase their prestige
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Not really, the comapany did very little to intergrate palcemnts and graduates in a social enviroment, this was one area i was unhappy with and the comapyn could have done more to get the placemnts and grads together more often
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
it was very expensive average rent being upwards of 600 pounds per person inshared accomadation
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
the nightlife was poor with little to do and wasnt really tailored to students more to developed families with a high proportion of expensive restaurants
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes, the company had golf evening cricket evenings, touch rugby and football aswell so their was lots of good extras