1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My Placement has been awesome. My team and my manager were really friendly and encouraging. The company really focuses on making sure that you have a good work life balance, which was evident in my team. they gave me opportunity to be involved in ther big exciting projects which allowed me to learn a lot. and you get free ice cream ;)
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
In my team I really did feel valued. there were always there if I had any questions or to support me. and they gave me tasks which could really bring value to the team and the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisors always mentioned how they were always available to support if I needed it. and whilst I was comfortable in the knowledge that this was true, they also gave me space to do stuff on my own aswell. I had the freedom to push myself or try things, instead of being right down my neck and making me fell like I needed to be watched incase I messed up
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
at the start not very. but as they understood more of my capabilities, this quickly ramped up with the responsibilities that I had. but I liked the busy days because ot made me feel that I was really contributing and was important to the team.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
at the start not a lot. but really gave me opportunity to grab responsibilities, and ended up with as much responsibility as the other members of the team. which made me feel valued.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
degree: business management
to be honest related to my degree,quite a bit. more around seeing and being around others in the business I had learnt a lot in terms of how companies on a global scale run and the management styles that are in place. But I Think just experience of the workplace itself was great experience for the future in general
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
very friendly, and welcoming. it all open space with chill out areas
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
not the most organised, probably seems more like a last minute job, with not everyone knowing in advance all the info that is required. but it was still good
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
a lot! they were keen to get me involved with interesting and exciting projects. any sort of training the team was doing you got involved aswell. they also let you attend any extra workshops for personal development, and it is encouraged to do so.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
very appealing, it is definitely a great company to work for, that aim to develop you to grow within the organisation.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes, this obviously depends on the group and where you are located, but generally there is a good social atmosphere within the company and among other placements.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
it really depends on where you are based. I was in Liverpool so it was a lot cheaper and social, compared to London where it is more expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes, the are many groups that are set up by employees, and they encourage you to participate, to build those relationships outside of work, which does help you to do your job as you know more people that can help you out.