Placement Student - Assembly Quality Management at BMW Group

Automotive Engineering Manufacturing

BMW Group is a Top Employer

5.1/10

5.3

I was based in the Problem Management Team within the Assembly Quality Management department. I was mainly responisble for working alongside the Quality Specialists steering and solving problems from the assembly line, as well as analysing data and running reports to help us to monitor our problem landscape.

Overall my placement year at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars was really enjoyable. I was based in a young dynamic team which helped ensure a positive and energetic working atmosphere. I also particularly liked that they have a large intake of interns as well as apprentices and grads which means that there were plenty of people to make friends with and that there was plenty to do socially outside of work. The work itself was very mixed, some tasks being somewhat boring and repetitive/tedious but I was also given some interesteing/challenging tasks to complete.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at BMW Group

I was generally very busy and worked long hours for most of the year. I do feel that this is however down to the individual. I was eager to get involved with as many projects/tasks as possible and wanted to ensure that tasks were completed and so I didn't mind working extra and taking on a variety of projects so that I would make a good impression and get the most out of my year.

I was given quite a lot of responsibility with certain projects. My managers knew that I could be trusted to deliver work to a high quality and wouldn't hesitate to ask questions to ensure that I fully understood the task and delivered what was required. One example is that I was given the responsibility of producing an entire presentation which would be presented by the departments managers to the rest of the department and also organising the logstics of the actual forum for it to be presented in.

• There were no perks with this Placement Year