HR Coordinator at Tech Data

Basingstoke South East
Administration/Secretarial Human Resources Recruitment

Tech Data is a Top Employer

8.2/10

My placement title was HR coordinator but I was able to get involved in so much more than just HR including L&D and recruitment. This meant that every day was different and I never got bored.

It was hard adjusting to full time work but my first experience working in a corporate environment couldn't have been in a better company.

Everyone was so helpful, especially at the beginning when everything was very new. I felt like a member of the team from my first day.

We had weekly catchups to discuss my goals and anything I was struggling with/needed. I knew that if I had any questions or problems that I could ask and help/guidance would be given.

I went through period of being really busy when I had a big project that I was working on. The rest of the time the work was steady and manageable.

I was given a few big projects throughout my year at Tech Data that I was trusted to completely own.

My confidence has massively improved and I feel like I'm able to communicate better both written and verbally. I also feel like this year has made me more organised and able to prioritise tasks.

Everyone is really friendly and everyone in my team got on very well.

Fairly organised but there could have been some projects/team days in place for the placement students.

We had the opportunity to attend a range of face to face training and development courses as well as online courses.

The people and culture are amazing so I would love to come back to work at Tech Data if there was a role for me.

A few of us have gone out but it's hard to organize group events as there were quite a few of us. Also the local town for us to go out in doesn't have that much to offer.

I think to live in/around Basingstoke is fairly expensive but luckily I could live at home and commute this year.

There are some bars and good pubs but could be a lot better.

My team have organised a number of team nights out/dinners. I have also been able to attend some external training days and company events.