1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have enjoyed my placement thoroughly I have learned so much during the year and have been given responsibility I would have not imagined I would be given when I started.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
By my work team I felt extremely valued. They were given my responsibility and helping me develop. My personal manager respected my opinion. However I believe some people who are higher up do not value the interns a lot of them just do not answer emails when they see the intern signature on it or just have a different tone when speaking to you.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager has guided me towards the whole of my placement. She has been very helpful with my integration in the team and has always taken the time to answer any questions I would have about the company/role or anything that was on my mind.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As I worked in a team where there was constantly projects at the beginning there were a lot of things to do to keep me busy especially at the very busy periods like month/year end but as time progress the work load staggered a bit and at times I was bored
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given all sorts of different responsibilities from presenting infront of Directors and VPs to owning my own processes and building model which will be used to meet demanding deadlines.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Not much. I do a very similar degree to what I work but I believe studies differ from practice a lot.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
When I began very positive, as time went by and the business undertook changes I realised how negatively that impacted the atmosphere in the office less people smiled talked to each other and the office at times just looks empty.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised they had plans for us from the day we started, where to take us out in our opening weeks, constant development sessions and meet ups with Executives in the company.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was personal development sessions some of them were extremely useful and interesting others not so much the company does encourage job shadowing so that is also a plus
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Not very for me personally what I want to do after graduation does not align with what roles there are at the company and the industry I want to be in.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene was very good amongst placement students, people wanted to socialise do different activities. As for full-time employees not as much the company did not make much effort to organise events apart from the Christmas Party and the occasional Social Club event.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not sure about Cost of living as I did not live there , socialising was poor not many places to go to there were 1 or 2 pubs near by.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Mostly from the social club and our charity work apart from that not really.