Project Manager Intern at Atos

Business Management Logistics and Operations
Atos is a Top Employer

6.8/10

5.2

Joining us for a 12 month placement, you will gain exposure to a variety of sectors, clients and projects within an extremely fast-paced environment, enabling you to gain key project management skills. These projects could focus on different areas across a wide range of disciplines, and will develop both your business and technical aptitude to the full. Along the way, you will gain an understanding of project management lifecycles, processes and methodologies whilst gaining key experience of supporting live projects.

I really enjoyed experiencing a role I had little knowledge of however was looking to go for as part of my career plan. It was an amazing experience working within a globalised team which is very very different to any environment I had worked in before. I loved both teams I was around and worked with and felt at home.

I honestly felt part of two very different teams. The first my actual working team, although sparse around the globe, we all knew eachother so well and everyone was approachable, everyone was interested in what I was doing both in and outside of work and made me feel part of the family.

My second "team" were the people in the office and I can honestly say they are now my closest friends. I felt so at home working there and really cared for.

I had an amazing mentor and supervisor, who would guide and help but also refuse to "spoon feed" and allowed me to stand on my own two feet. He also praised as much as he could and instantly made my confidence rise. The style of the management is so flat, I could approach anyone for assistance without feeling like I was stepping on anyones toes or speaking with the wrong people.

It would depend on my own pro-activeness. I was very busy majority of the time and when work would reduce, I would throw myself into training and getting involved in other projects. You get what you put in at Atos. There are so many different opportunities for you to get involved in, if you are not busy, get involved with GIA, Million Makers, ANTZ and all other programmes Atos have to offer,

I was the lead Project Manager in a project where I changed and implemented a new software that was crucial to the contract with the client I was working for. Therefore the impact I made to the company and responsibility I had was substantial. I was also given projects that affected the clients business, however knew I had an amazing amount of support if needed to not be overwhelmed.

Just working in the industry developed my professional skills. Creating good working relationships, organisational skills, professional etiquette and taking my time. Learning of the role and what my next steps were assisted in my career plans. I feel ready for the next year, studying and successfully completing my degree and solidifying what will happen after.

The office was sometimes busy, and sometimes very quiet, and it also depends on which office you go to. BBP is very homely and it was great to have my own desk that I could personalise. The office is right next to a Greggs and I've never seen anyone so excited when it opened! Its great when there are birthdays as we always go for food at Resorts World and if you need to get out of the office there is a great walk you can go on.

Overall, I would say the placement was organised however the beginning of the placement needs a lot of work as I had no idea what I was doing, where or for who for the first few weeks. I also had no microsoft set up for the first month which made it really really difficult to work.

Not a lot, I felt like they didnt want to invest a lot due to me only being there a year - understandable but I do wish we were felt more valued for training and get involved with either different sectors or shown different aspects of the role with training.

Very appealing, I will definitely be returning to Atos as I've really enjoyed my year and I can see clear career prospects for myself. The £1500 bonus is especially appealing and the guarantee of a job without the hassle of having to reapply is really good considering I really want to focus on my 3rd year.

Yes and No. I think if you are based in London, the placement students are a lot closer to eachother, however in BBP, there are more Graduates and Apprentices which I became close to as other placement students would not come into the office.

Really good - my family live close to the office so I could stay with them and Birmingham has a good cost of living.

Actually near my office, it was quite good other than the fact you couldnt properly go out cause you had to drive to work. However, I would often meet up with the Grads to go around birmingham which was amazing, they had loads of differents bars and clubs to go to.

Yes, most definitely, there was always a raffle going on, and many different charity opportunities. You had the peer shadowing, ANTZ, GIA Committee, Money Makers, Cycle to Paris, Palace to Palace Bike Ride, Tough Mudder, etc. Literally if you wanted to get involved and do something the opportunity was definitely there.