1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed it, I have learnt lots of valuable and transferable skills
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued, have made great friends. They have helped me and given me the opportunity to grow within the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a lot of support from my own manager, but also other members of the team.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Unfortunately, although I learnt a lot in the first half of my placement and was very busy. The area that I work in has been very quiet for the last few months, so I haven't been that busy recently.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given quite a lot of responsibility, being left in charge of my manager's work while he was away. I felt like I was treated as an equal rather than an intern.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think that the skills that I have learnt will help a lot when it comes to time management when I am back at university. I also have learnt and developed a lot of transferable skills that I believe will be useful in most jobs I will have in the future, for example, organisation, time management and persistency.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was a nice environment to be a part of, everyone is really friendly and welcoming and there is a nice team/community atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was really well organised, there is lots of training at the beginning and throughout which really helps when developing key skills. Everyone is also really helpful and supportive.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
It was good being treated the same as other new employees, receiving the same level of training and development. It feels like they care about what you are getting out of the placement and therefore they put a lot of effort into making sure you learn a lot.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
this Placement Year
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have enjoyed working at the company although I am not sure whether or not it is what I want to do in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a good social scene, went for drinks with colleagues most weeks. There is a good team culture and atmosphere, would go for drinks after work but also meet up at the weekend. There are team events throughout the year that are well organised and good fun.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife was good and quite fun especially on Thursday and Friday nights. The team was very social as well which made nights out more enjoyable as there were lots of people out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes there were lots of opportunities with interns and also colleagues in general.