1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my placement at Hays because it gave me to opportunity to grow my skills and gave me the independence to succeed well in the role.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues make me feel valued. on a day to day basis, from congratulating me on things I have achieved and the general work environment is a great place to be.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager has given me extensive support and guidance throughout my placement year from allowing me to be independent with tasks and giving me full responsibilities or taking on and managing the whole recruitment process
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Due to the fluctuating recruitment market busy days varies, however there is always something to be getting on with for example business development to grow the client portfolio and increase role to meeting candidates to understand their requirements for future roles.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Overall throughout my placement I was given full responsibility to all the tasks within the recruitment process.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The training I received was world class and I will be able to use and adapt this to my life during my degree studies as I will able to prioritise tasks more efficiently and be able to use these skills throughout my life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly with lots of people to ask for support.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The overall placement was well structured with various periods of training and had a seamless transition from life as a uni student to full-time work.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Due to the training provided by Hays and my managers my overall personal skills have progressed tenfold and developed me into being proficient at recruitment.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Throughout the placement my managers have been pleased with my overall performance and feel that I am someone they would like to employ in the future, after university.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a good social scene with various night outs and team building events with allowed me to meet more members of the wider team, allowing to become a better recruiter
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of socialising in the area was high but is subsidised by the salary and bonus. I lived at home during my placement so do not know what the cost of living is like.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Plenty of places to socialise during the evenings after work and lots to do.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes plenty of opportunities to take part in and were open to various opinions about what activities we could do outside of work.