1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really much enjoyed the range of diverse tasks and exercise.
It was possible to visit and to work with more than only one department.
Furthermore, many colleagues from other departments gave me a briefly overview about their departments .
At the end, I had a very good overview of the company.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
In our weekly team meeting, the team was questioning me about my personal opinion and about my tasks.
They treated me more as a permanent employee and not as an intern.
Since the very beginning of my internship, my supervisor gave me many different tasks and showed me the business.
Due to that, I had the feeling of being part of the team
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
At the beginning of my internship, my supervisor gave me very useful guidance in setting up my desk, my computer and my phone in order to start work quickly
Moreover, my supervisor showed me how everything works and which processes are important for me.
My supervisor introduced me to the Team and to my colleagues, so the integration went very well.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Generally, I was very busy from the very beginning of my internship.
I had many different tasks and exercises and I was supporting not only my supervisor.
Of course, there were some day which were not that busy - Otherwise, there were some day which were full of work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was very surprised about the tasks and the responsibility which was given to me.
Some of them were very simple. But most of them were connected to a huge responsibility.
That is why I felt like an employee and not like a simple intern who is responsible for the printer and the coffee machine.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The two most important things I learned and improved are about how to structure your day in order to achieve as much as possible during work and the way how to communicate and to interact with people.
Personally I think, these thinks a very important to my everyday life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was very kind, pleasant and amusing.
The relationship between all of the colleagues was very good.
But sometimes it was very busy as well due to stressful work.
In general I felt very comfortable.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My internship was well prepared and organized.
I had my own desk, my computer, my phone, some books and pens from the very beginning.
Furthermore I had a supervisor and one more responsible person. Due to that it was possible to talk to someone if something was missing.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
During my first week at work, I was attending a revealing day where the company trained new employees in working properly and showed us many advices to simplify working processes. Furthermore, there were a huge amount of online Trainings about Compliance, data privacy, Information, health and safety etc.
The company offered many different tools for personal training and development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
High, because my overall experience was very good and it is a loveley place to be.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The company employees many interns so there was a good and kind social sence of well-being to other students and interns.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Unforunately, you are recieving no help from the Employer in order to find an accommondation.
Moreover, it is very expensive to live in the area I worked in.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
the nearest City is very small ant not the best place for going out at the weekend.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, because of the huge amount of interns in the company.
We had our own meetings and our own projects.
Moreover we played football every friday evening.