Site Engineer at JN Bentley

Shifnal West Midlands
Civil Engineering

9.2/10

-Think safe : think about the hazards and avoid them
- Make safe: Correct unsafe conditions when seen
- work safe: Prevent injuries to myself and others
- comply: Comply with great safety systems and processes
- Lead: Deliver great safety leadership
- Respond: Deliver effective response to incidents.

JN Bentley is an excellent company, working here i felt a valued member of a team who cared about my opinions. Throughout my placement year i learned a lot working on different schemes of projects as a site engineer; taking this placement year was definitely best decision I've ever took.

I felt I could speak to my manager comfortably developing a really good relationship, he an excellent mentor, giving me advice and skills I will take forward into my career he always showed he cared about my progression and my learning.

On a daily basis i was really busy i struggled initially to plan my day in order to get everything done, whit the coaching and mentoring of my manager i can now prioritise and work in sequence.

I was given a lot of responsibilities on my placement year with always a support from my manager when i struggled.

Before coming on my placement year i had no experience and full understanding of the construction industry. On my last year of university the experience gained on my placement year will definitely help with my dissertation which carries a good 30 credits.

The atmosphere in the office was really friendly and full of young guys.

The placement was well organised i always received calls to insure i was well. And to know how was the training i attended.

I can certainly say the company has invested a lot on me during this year:

- CSCS
- I did my SSSTS
- Levelling and setting out course
- CAT scanning course
- EUSR
- Working in confine space
- Behavioral discussion training
- Water testing course

• There were no perks with this Placement Year

I will definitely love to come back to JN Bentley once i graduate and continue my progression.

There was a good social side with plenty of social events in evenings, watching football in pub with colleagues or bowling.

I lived at home with my family I just contributed towards the living cost and saved.