Recruitment Intern for Hays Financial Crime Compliance
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My experience with Hays was great overall. It was a massive learning experience and I was given loads of responsibility from day one.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I always felt valued by my colleagues and my hard work was recognised. I felt like an actual team member, not just an intern. I made an actual contribution to the business and the team pushed for me to do my best.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
From start to finish, I was given all the support I needed from the whole team.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The first half of my internship was very busy but it helped me get accustomed to the amount of work that I had to do on a daily basis. There was a slight drop in activity in January but it has picked up since to similar levels from last year.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given as much responsibility as other individuals in my team and I made a direct impact on the business.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I am doing a module that is directly related to the area that I recruit for which will be massively useful. I have developed my confidence and communication skills greatly.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was always lively and it made a positive impact on performance. Everyone's always looking forward to work, and we all have the same mentality driven by our manager.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There was lots of training in the beginning and throughout which I have used in my day to day activities.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was always given opportunities to learn so I could develop my current skillset.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Whilst I value my time here at Hays, I will continue to look at other career prospects.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were always opportunities to go out for a drink, or even to play football
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not cheap at all considering it is in Central London
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great nightlife, always loads of places to go
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?