Sales Operations Analyst - Banking and Financial Markets at IBM

Logistics and Operations Sales Accountancy Administration/Secretarial Information Technology

IBM is a Top Employer

9.5/10

Responsible for operational support in team of Client Reps (sellers) which leads onto client-facing opportunities and events.

Working in a team of helpful and experienced sellers provided me with an enriching experience with multiple opportunities to learn and take on client-facing roles.

IBM's structure of having 100+ interns working in collaboration with each other made the placement enjoyable from a social aspect also.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

My team have left me several pieces of amazing feedback and constantly ensured I felt valued in my role.

Having several levels of management in my team has helped me develop in my role and I've never felt too overwhelmed by the workload.

Although my role had peaks and troughs of business, I was eased into my responsibilities and as I became more comfortable the workload was progressively increased as I joined more projects.

I was given several core responsibilities that required daily access to confidential information.

I feel as though the ability to undertake multiple projects at once and cope with the workload will be helpful as well as the technical skills such as SPSS, Java etc.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

The Foundation team at IBM has been fantastic in providing regular "checkpoint" reviews with a manager specifically focused on your development. This has held me accountable to my own goals and progressions.

Working constantly with full-time employees and graduates gave me an insight into IBM's long-term employee progression program.

IBM's culture has been consistently highlighted by the management team including inclusiveness, mental health support and the encouragement to "restlessly reinvent" your role.

Paid approx £21,000 and reimbursed for any long trips for client meetings.

There has been a constant flow of networking events, including monthly drinks with members of your department to grow your network in a relaxed environment.

All expenses paid as well as a high uptake in whichever department was holding them. They were often organized well by the interns involved including location and time etc.

Due to the huge network of interns, there were constant invites to social events as well as "extra-curricular" events shared by slack channels - close bonds were therefore formed between the interns

100% - it has been an incredibly enjoyable experience which I hope to continue into a graduate role at IBM, but if not then it has helped me develop skills that would be desirable at multiple companies.