7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The Foundation team at IBM has been fantastic in providing regular "checkpoint" reviews with a manager specifically focused on your development. This has held me accountable to my own goals and progressions.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Working constantly with full-time employees and graduates gave me an insight into IBM's long-term employee progression program.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
IBM's culture has been consistently highlighted by the management team including inclusiveness, mental health support and the encouragement to "restlessly reinvent" your role.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Paid approx £21,000 and reimbursed for any long trips for client meetings.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There has been a constant flow of networking events, including monthly drinks with members of your department to grow your network in a relaxed environment.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
All expenses paid as well as a high uptake in whichever department was holding them. They were often organized well by the interns involved including location and time etc.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Due to the huge network of interns, there were constant invites to social events as well as "extra-curricular" events shared by slack channels - close bonds were therefore formed between the interns
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
100% - it has been an incredibly enjoyable experience which I hope to continue into a graduate role at IBM, but if not then it has helped me develop skills that would be desirable at multiple companies.
Imagine yourself working at IBM
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM