Global Parts Operations Intern at BMW Group

Logistics and Operations

BMW Group is a Top Employer

7.3/10

6.6

Parts Operations Intern within the Aftersales department.

Thoroughly enjoyed my time here. I love cars, so this was an amazing experience, with a great team and great working environment.

I felt quite valued as I am regularly asked for help and answer questions on topics that I am responsible for. I am also the go-to person for database maintenance, as it is the interns job.

Help is always available, you just have to ask. Nobody is going to babysit you, so if you need help and guidance, go out and find it.

I was busy when I first started. Now that I am nearing the end of my placement it has calmed down a bit. This may be due to the fact that I am now better at my job than I was, or maybe this time of year is quiet.

I was immediately given lots of responsibility. Plenty of reports, and even my own project!

The skills that I have developed here will help me tremendously when back at uni. I am now a much better organiser and I am also much better with technology than I was prior to this placement (Excel etc.). I also feel much more confident and understand how to be assertive, but in a diplomatic manner.

The office would fluctuate between loud and lively, to quiet and serious many times throughout the day. To me, this is a nice balance. Sometimes you can have a chat and a laugh, but when it quietens down, it's time to crack on working.

The placement was fairly well set up. Everything was ready for me on my first day, and I have not experienced any problems since working here.

I have been left to get on with my responsibilities. Help is there if I need it but there has not been any training available to me. I would have liked to have been involved in some training days/courses.

Being an intern here bodes well for future employment, but it does not promise a job here. If you wanted to come back (nine times out of ten) you apply to the grad scheme. Very rarely are jobs available directly after an internship.

Yes. There have been plenty of meals, socials etc. with both interns, and other colleagues in my department. All have been good fun, and the staff are a great bunch of people.

Living costs are quite pricey (however I am originally from Yorkshire so everything is expensive to me) but West Sussex is a lovely area and is very scenic. Nights out are not too expensive.

There is only one club within Chichester. There is not a "city-like" night life here. The town is dead by 11:30pm!

My colleagues arranged many activities and they have all been enjoyable. I will be very sad to say goodbye when it is time for me to leave!