1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my year and cannot believe it is coming to an end very quickly.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone in my immediate team as well as other stakeholders are extremely nice, thus making me feel valued by them. We discuss matters professionally and my opinions are always valued.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager has been 100% supportive and never was he ever reluctant to help out.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My role sits in Finance so by nature, there are some weeks that are busier than others but overall, the workload has been quite well balanced. I've also asked for more work as I was more comfortable at my tasks and everyone in the team were happy to delegate certain tasks to me as well.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot of responsibility were given and they are quite varied as well but at an amount that is managable.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think a variety of skills have been developed during my placement year namely my Excel, written and verbal communication and organisation skills. I was also able to look at matters from a business and commerical perspective, making me much more aware of the current affairs. These are hard and soft skills that will help me immensely that can't exactly be learned from classrooms.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very lively atmostphere in and outside of work, even during the busy weeks! This makes me look forward to coming into work everyday and seeing my colleagues.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised. There was a proper induction day where we were introduced to H&S, different points of contacts and my handover had been very well done that I felt prepared to take on the year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Lots of L&D courses, guest speakers and resources in the library to utilise.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Disney does not do a graduate scheme which makes it less attractive to come back.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Plenty of social scenes both with the team and fellow colleagues. This includes the Christmas do, Intern Ball, Pub Quizes, Sports Day and more!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London living and socialising expenses so quite expensive but totally doable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Hammersmith has many pubs and cafes to choose from so it isn't hard!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Disney places much emphasis on volunteering so plenty of opportunities to engage in these activities