1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The Hays internship is a great way to gain real commercial/office experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
People orientated business, lots of social events. Your colleagues make the placement.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
As well as a director, you're managed by your teams manager. I was lucky to gain such an incredible manager and mentor.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Working 9.5 hour days can become tiresome, but due to the level of work you're doing the time goes so fast.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
From the first day you are treated as if you were a member of staff rather than an intern. This allows you to take large amounts of responsibility from the first day whether it's talking to candidates or going to meet clients.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The level of soft skills you gain from the internship at Hays is incredible. I now know how to fully appreciate my time in order to effectively manage my daily tasks along side gaining the confidence and communication skills to deal with partners and stake holders of large FTSE 250 businesses.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?