2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
IBM cares about diversity and inclusion and there are regular social events to encourage communication.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There's the EPM early professional managers system which provides a lot of support and guidance when encountering problems at work.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I am usually very busy because of the extra projects I have taken on but I manage it and I avoid taking work home.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I get a lot of responsibilities in my day job managing and designing the internal communications for 16000 people in this department.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As well as improving strategic marketing, graphic design skills, I have also learnt how to film and edit for events. This does not assist my degree as I am uninterested in pursuing a career in accountancy but the skill set (including soft skills) I have developed will be very useful.
Imagine yourself working at IBM
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM