Marketing Placement at IBM

Design Graphic Design Marketing

IBM is a Top Employer

8.4/10

9.7

I enjoyed my placement at IBM as I was given responsibilities and people with initiative could really strive and achieve what I never thought an intern would have the power to do.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

IBM cares about diversity and inclusion and there are regular social events to encourage communication.

There's the EPM early professional managers system which provides a lot of support and guidance when encountering problems at work.

I am usually very busy because of the extra projects I have taken on but I manage it and I avoid taking work home.

I get a lot of responsibilities in my day job managing and designing the internal communications for 16000 people in this department.

As well as improving strategic marketing, graphic design skills, I have also learnt how to film and edit for events. This does not assist my degree as I am uninterested in pursuing a career in accountancy but the skill set (including soft skills) I have developed will be very useful.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

Different for each department. My own department is very forward thinking and has a fun vibe but other parts of the business may not be so.

A very good system in place and learning resources for all interns.

There's a lot of learning resources and the company sent me to Rome to develop my event co-ordination skills.

Great people and support systems here so it's hard not to want to come back!

Regular free drinks and monthly/weekly events but limited to alcohol-based socials as are most companies

Central London is very expensive but biking and scootering help to cut down transportation costs.

Central London, as you could imagine has a great night scene.

There are many self-organised social activities within the company and there are diversity events outside of work.