Security Sales Analyst at IBM

Business Analytics Sales

IBM is a Top Employer

6.3/10

6.5

My placement has been fairly enjoyable, I have worked with a great team and had the chance to meet some great people in an interesting role, however my task manager was rude and unapproachable which influenced team morale throughout the year.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

Whenever I completed work for colleagues across the business they always made me feel valuable, they were extremely welcoming at the start and continued to give positive feedback through out the year. My task manager, someone I did most of my work for, never once said thank you, or complimented my work, whilst this can make you feel undervalued, everyone got used to this very quickly and didn't expect anything different once understanding this was just his personality.

My Early Professional Manager was always available to be contacted for advice and support, however I only had 2 scheduled meetings with her in 6 months, she then retired and was replaced, this meant a whole new relationship had to be formed, I have only met with her replacement once since she became my EPM. Support and guidance from my task manager was very limited despite him sitting opposite me every day in the office.

I had a very demanding role which kept me busy with both weekly tasks, and ADHOC tasks.

I felt like I was given a lot of responsibility in my role and was provided value to the actual business.

My Excel skills, organisation, time management skills will all be useful for my degree and beyond

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

Office atmosphere was pleasant, although almost empty on Mondays and Fridays,

very well organised

we were expected to educate ourselves to the required level of Excel skills, were given personal training for certain IBM applications throughout the year via email,

• There were no perks with this Placement Year

The graduate program looks really good, and I have built a decent relationship with many managers in my business unit.

There were lots of interns in the office and therefore I strong social scene.

London prices are expensive as expected.

Decent nightlife, with a main local bar right next to the office, as well as plenty of bars and clubs around the area (central London).

A few, but it was difficult to find these opportunities, there was the chance to go on a ski trip that was heavily advertised.