my main role is to support the team where I can. This mainly involves dealing with low value EAP orders, EAP is a German acronym which translates to requisition workplace.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My internship has been a fifty fifty experience. On the one hand, i really do enjoy the people with whom i work with which makes the work environment a pleasant one. However, the BMW group being the size that it is means evrything is heavily process based and target driven, therefore the wellbeing of its employees can be sometimes neglected.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My department are very good when it comes to valuing its collegues, however, the business (BMW) do not value the interns, very little effort is made in their integration into the workplace.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My team leader (Tim Llewelyn) has been an amazing mentor and provider of support. I can always ask for support.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Within Purchasing the workflow really does vary, sometimes its really hectic and at other times in can be very quite. However I have always had enough work to keep myself occupied.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Main role was to support my team where i could. Progressively, as time went by my team extended my tasks and gave me opportunities to take responsibility throughout placement
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills i have developped during the internship will i think assist me greatly in my final year of university
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere within the office as a whole is reasonably positive. However, the department is currently restructuring and re-aligning which has caused some tension within the office
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
My team leader has really encouraged and helped me with personal training and development
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Poor very little graduate prospects
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, Interns have set up a whole network. There is a social every week.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Oxford is a very expensive place to live and socialising
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?