Global Strategy and Market Development at IBM

IBM is a Top Employer

7.5/10

6.5

Internal communications globally

I have very much enjoyed the variety of work I have been able to participate in during my internship. The people I have been surrounded have been supportive and played an integral role in helping me to develop my skill set. I feel I have gained a good insight into the sort of job I would like to pursue post-university and am very much looking forward to the futute.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

Through people asking me to join them on projects and doing tasks outside my role, highlighted to me that my colleagues trusted me and valued my input. Whether that be in front of clients or internal events. This led me to feel fully comfortable in my work environment and also in the work I was producing.

Something that positively impacted my growth was that I was in a team, and we sat together in the office every day alongside my manager. There was constant support from my manager, with whom we had regular meetings, as well as other members of the team who guided and supported me through my role.

I always had tasks to do. If there were days when I didn't have as much to do, I asked and was given jobs, so I was never doing nothing.

I kept myself busy by doing extra giveback and seeking out client experience as well which meant I always had something to focus on.

I was responsible for leading the production of the global newsletter. This meant reaching out to people in our studios across the world for content. As well as producing own content. I was also able to connect with people from a variety of job roles e.g. grads to partners and execs.

It has improved my ability to organise in advance, understand the best people and means to connect with them.

On a more technical level, I have developed my copywriting skills in producing written content for the newsletter.

Alongside this my ability to communicate effectively and be decisive and focus on what is most important and will add the most value in my work.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

Great, everyone friendly and very interested in getting to know you both professionally and socially.

Well organised as has daily tasks to be getting involved in. Didn't feel as though things were out of control.

Great, was able to attend the training, learning how to become a more T-shaped professional.

very appealing, I have been able to apply back as a graduate earlier.

Yes, interns organised their own events (company didn't organise)

Very expensive. Living in London and not being much in comparison to other employers meant I had to choose carefully what events to attend.

very good, being on Southbank meant there were many options.

yes I actively joined sports teams outside of the office