Business Analyst at IBM

Consumer Products/FMCG

IBM is a Top Employer

8.1/10

7.6

Really enjoyed my placement at IBM
Great experience and insight into technology consultancy

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

I have worked with extremely lovely and collaborative people. They have been supportive of me, heard my concerns when I had any and directed me toward the correct people.

Lots of support and guidance in terms of my career.

They were extremely understanding that I was a placement student so my options and loyalty toward IBM wasn't a question and wasn't tied down.

It blew hot and cold. I was extremely busy when based on client site and projects however it could be very quiet during Christmas when your manager/colleagues are on holiday.

Lots of crucial responsibility depends on your skillset. If you prove yourself, you will get better tasks.

Lots of theories in the retrospective are applicable such as international business, strategic management, work psychology.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

Great atmosphere, everyone is focused and there are good and bad times. You need to read the mood essentially.

I rate this is a 6 in a good way. In consultancy, you need to find your opportunities and become part of them.

My task Manager has undoubtedly played a crucial role in giving me client-facing work but other giveback opportunities are up to you to network and be a part of.

IBM has an extensive internal learning portal.
My unit was able to fund a leadership course in May for my development.

Very appealing as they have performance-based promotion and it is shared for everyone to see.

Yes, although I wasn't part of it all my peers are extremely good competent individuals.

London is expensive - need I say any more? If you share a flat, you can bring down your rent and utilities considerably. I would try and narrow your commute by cycling etc if possible.

London is expensive. I do not drink so I managed to save through from my income but a night out in the capital can cost you upwards of 60-70 quid.

Yes, learning and development. Involvement in Business Resource Groups