7.3/10

• The Role
  • Organisation
  • Socialising
    6.5

Providing analytical support to my sales team, such as providing historical data to create trends in revenue results, and creating forecasts for the quarter and month.

2. I have had a great year at IBM this year. The office environment and my team were very friendly and I was given lots responsibility.

4. I was welcomed very warmly into my team, and everyone is willing to offer advice if you need it. The high level of responsibility right from the start made me feel valued too.

6. If I was ever in need of advice, the management in my team were the best to go to. This is obviously depending on how much they had on, but generally very useful.

8. Very busy everyday. I was in a role which many people relied upon, so I was able to offer my help to them frequently.

9. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  10. A lot - right from the start. You really feel like a cog in a machine, and if I weren't to do my work one week this would be an issue for the team.

12. Excel skills have developed vastly, along with confidence in the work place, telephone skills and speed of work.

14. On some days it can be quiet in my Sales team, but on other days it's very busy. Always many interns around which helps too. A very friendly and hard working office.

15. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  16. You can tell that this placement scheme has been a success for so many years now. I have had the perfect work/life balance this year.

18. I think at IBM the personal training is down to you. If you want to grow, then it's down to you. The tools are certainly there to do this, but unlike at some other firms you must lead this yourself.

20. Subsidised Canteen

Company Parties/Events

Staff Sales/Staff Shop

Working from home

21. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  22. Very appealing for my personally, as there are many graduate jobs on offer in consulting. I will be applying back to the graduate scheme.

24. Yes - 150 other interns in the firm every year makes for a very good social scene.

25. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  26. Cost if living in London is very high, and a higher salary is needed to cope with this (especially if you are renting)

28. London obviously has a great nightlife, and I hope to return here later in life.

30. A few sports teams are available to join but I think this s an area for IBM to improve in.

Administration/Secretarial, Business Analytics, Business Management, Logistics and Operations

Central London and City