GBS UKI F&P Spend Analyst at IBM

IBM is a Top Employer

7.1/10

6.6

6.5

I enjoyed my placement year, it has given me a vast insight into how large companies work and has allowed me to extend my finance knowledge

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

The Team I was in were very welcoming, we all speak about personal topics as well as work which makes the work environment a lot better. Colleagues are made me feel very valued and supported.

Managers were very good at providing constructive criticism, along with assisting in setting up opportunities for me to challenge myself.

Through out a month I would probably only have 3-4 days where I didn't have much to do. Other than this, the rest of the time I always had things to do, but the workload was not too much.

I was surprised at how much responsibility IBM gave me from the start of my placement, I was treated as any other member of the team would've been. Definitely no making teas!

The experience has given me vital skills in presenting, which will assist me in my final year and in future jobs.
I also have a much better understanding of the office / corporate environment, and working having the opportunity to work with CFO's will assist me in future job roles.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

Everyone in the office was very friendly, my office contained 5 different finance teams who do not regularly work together, however everyone always smiled and said good morning, which started days off well.

The IBM placement was very well organized, with multiple reviews with Early Professional Managers who were there every step if you needed any help.
The managers were all used to working with Interns, which made it easier to fit into the teams.

IBM provided lots of training opportunities, with a vast range of online courses being available.
"Lunch and Learns" are also held to help enhance skills

IBM have a graduate scheme which is available, however for me it isn't exactly what I personally want as my Grad job, as majority of roles are consultancy based.

All the IBM Interns at my location are very close, we all sit together at lunch and also go on social events outside of work

I was based in Portsmouth, so cost of socializing wasn't too expensive as there is a vast range of Pubs and restaurants through out the city.

Cost of living also was not too bad.

As Portsmouth University is a city Campus, there are lots of bars and clubs to choose from.

IBM offer giveback opportunities, which allows you to get involved in volunteering, mentoring ect within the local community