1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This placement gave me strong insight into the Supply Chain of a large business. Even though i worked in a smaller division, i was able to grasp all the complexities involved in such an important function of the business.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
During the course of the placement, i felt that at times work colleagues valued my work. However, this was not the same when considering people from other divisions.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Managers and higher level management was really helpful when asked. When encountered a problem, the have offered support.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
At some parts of the internship, i was extremely busy. Especially in the beginning when i was getting used to the job and there was heavy workload during the Christmas peak period. However, at other times there was not much to do and i believe i could've be more challenged with more complex tasks.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a really high level of responsibility since the beginning of the internship. I was able to deal with big retailers and clients since the nature of the job was customer facing.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
in terms of skills development, the company offers numerous training courses where you can sign up to go. Courses ranging from Excel training to presentation skills are offered. I believe the skills developed in supply chain are mainly attention to detail and analysis.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere has been really quiet at most times. I would not say it has been very dynamic and fun.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement has been very organised and all roles undertaken have been structured. Though at times, i had to make small changes to the role to make it more value adding for both myself and the company.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
My manager was always very keen to understand what were my interests and goals for my career. This has made me develop not only in my job role but also as an all encompassing employee.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Given the extensive training offered by the grad scheme, i believe that being employed in the future would be appealing.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Considering the interns there were weekly football games and socials around every 4 months. In regards to the team, it was rare to have everybody together in socials or other events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As in almost all places in London, cost of food, drinks and shopping was expectedly high
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
If you get to know the right people you will be able to get involved in numerous activities. Just dont be shy to ask people around about any sports or activities you enjoy to do.